Multi Day / Mutual Aid Missions

Danny Andres

13 Oct, 2021 06:31 PM

Hey SAR Topo

We are currently running a multi day mutual aid mission and have two questions on things I have not done yet.

Creating an event vs sharing a map
What is the difference between me sharing a map from clicking on the info icon and creating a URL and sending out a write or manage link compared to creating an event and sending out a link that way. It sure seems like sending a link from the info icon is simpler.
Any advantages or disadvantages to either way?

Locators
My team uses In Reach devices set up under locator, this works great on our single team single day missions, but is there a way to separate out OP 1 in reach locators compared to op 2 in reach locators?
I am not seeing a way to do this, we name the locator to the person or team carrying it so that will change per day.

thank you for such a great product and your support.
Danny Andres
Chaffee SAR South

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 13 Oct, 2021 10:38 PM

Hi Danny,

Thanks for reaching out! To answer your questions:

• Events are temporary groups created for large scale events like the multi day mutual aid mission you are currently running. The main advantage of giving outside users access to an Event is that you can add all your incident maps and data to an Event. Once outside users have joined an Event, they will be able to access any data that you have added to the Event- which is particularly helpful if outside users respond for more than one operational period. Using an Event eliminates the need to share each map individually and makes coordination with outside agencies easier. This section of our user guide covers Events in more detail.
    • I'm not totally clear on what you are asking in regards to locators- what information are you hoping to get from the locators? Locators are meant to provide updates on an individual or team's location but they are not meant to be complete records of where someone has been. If you want a record of where someone has been, then you will want to record that individual/team's tracks with the mobile app. More information on team location tracking can be found in this section. If that doesn't answer your question, please let us know.

Thank you,
    Meghan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

26 Oct, 2021 05:15 PM
26 Oct, 2021 04:55 PM
26 Oct, 2021 04:43 PM