Sign In Info

Jamie Tomkins

18 Jul, 2021 08:29 PM

I work with the Navajo County Search and Rescue Team, and usually have to have a Navajo County Sheriff sign in to SARTopo with his personal email. Is there a way to be able to sign in using our volunteer email and be able to have him see the maps, etc. I would just like a faster way to be able to sign into our account without waiting for someone else to sign in. We heard something about a team ID, but that number we were given never works for us to get into the site. Thank you so much.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 19 Jul, 2021 05:36 PM

Hi Jaime,

It sounds like maybe you are looking for the functions of a team account. Team accounts allow easy sharing between multiple users. Each user should always be signing in using their own personal credentials.

For more information on map sharing go to this section of our documentation: https://training.caltopo.com/all_users/share

In terms of team account options, we offer team accounts ranging in size from 5 to 100+ users and starting at $250/year. We do recommend purchasing enough licenses to cover all the members on your team in order to get full functionality. To learn more about the features and pricing of our team accounts, please visit our SARTopo Team Accounts page.

Our team accounts offer a number of features that set them apart from individual accounts and make them a better choice for organizations such as yours, including:

• Collaborative workspace: Any member of a team can view maps and layers saved to the team account. Edits will appear in real-time for anyone on the team with a data connection.
    • Live Tracking and Team Member Locators: Real-time location and route tracking of team members. Extremely helpful for organizations that need to monitor individuals/teams in the field.
    • Events: Events are temporary groups created for a specific large-scale event lasting up to 14 days. Events can include both team members and invited users from outside the team. They allow you to instantly scale to accommodate volunteers and other outside organization for large incidents.

If you want to learn more, make sure to check out our Team Accounts page on our training site.

We also have a public SARTopo demo team account available for testing out the team features. If you would like to check it out, please let us know and we can pass along access information.

Thanks,
    Julie

2. Julie closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2021 05:36 PM.

3. Jamie Tomkins re-opened this discussion on 19 Jul, 2021 06:17 PM

4. 2 Posted by Jamie Tomkins on 19 Jul, 2021 06:17 PM

Our team does already have an account, but I think the person who set stuff up is no longer with us. Is there a way to find the sign in info? and a way to sign up as a team member to it? Do they have to invite you?

Please let me know what to do, thank you,
    Jamie Tomkins
    Navajo County Search & Rescue
    (928) 368-3217

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Julie on 19 Jul, 2021 07:03 PM

Hi Jaime,

For security and privacy reasons we cannot give out another user's login information. To be clear, a team account is for a collection of users. Many people confuse an individual account that the team uses to be a "team subscription" with us, but this is not the case. I don't see any record of a true team subscription for Navajo County.

If you have historical map data stored in the account from the previous team member, then you will need to contact that person to get copies of the maps and/or access the account.

Best,
    Julie

6. 4 Posted by Jamie Tomkins on 19 Jul, 2021 08:31 PM

Thank you, Julie, for the info. The Sheriff in charge of our team, forwarded this email to me (I cleared out the code he was given). Does he need to go into his account and add us? I'm only finding a page that is asking for payment information, etc. when I try to do it.

Thanks,
    Jamie

Email from AZSAR:

ICT Members,

SARTopo at its basic level is a free product, however there are some features which are restricted to different levels of access, which are available for a membership fee. The maker of SARTopo, Matt Jacobs, has extended to us Pro access to the program as SAR management personnel. Added features include additional import/export file types, increased number of available saves and prints, and larger print sizes.

You will need to create an account, log in, and then visit https://sartopo.com/join. Type in the code ****** and that should upgrade your account. ​

The code may be shared among SAR team members and first responders ONLY.

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Julie on 19 Jul, 2021 08:39 PM

HI Jaime,

That is outdated information. At this time, users who wish to join the first responder program now go apply at sartopo.com/join/accountrequest. We no longer use coupon codes. Joining the first responder program gives users access to a few additional features for free, and the opportunity to upgrade their individual accounts at a discounted rate. These are not team accounts, but one small way that we do support SAR and a good way for folks to get more familiar with the program.

Cheers,
    Julie

8. 6 Posted by Jamie Tomkins on 19 Jul, 2021 09:35 PM

Okay, thank you so much for the information. Have a blessed day! 
    -Jamie

9. Meghan closed this discussion on 20 Jul, 2021 02:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

28 Jul, 2021 12:48 AM
28 Jul, 2021 12:41 AM
27 Jul, 2021 05:24 PM