choice between online/offline tiles when online?

mholmes00

20 Sep, 2020 08:44 PM

I am getting situated with the mac desktop software. Using this for SAR in NM. For practice, I have downloaded maps for offline use, in highest resolution offered (in each of the dropdown menus for the different layers I wanted, I selected the detailed option). Now I have the maps available offline, which is great. But the resolution is not as good as when using the online interface--the online interface continuest to redraw features sharp and clear when highly zoomed. That's also workable, since I wouldn't expect the offline maps to necessarily be able to match the online tile detail. Here's the thing though--now that I downloaded the offline map, I can ONLY see the offline map in the offline version. Whereas before the offline version would download new, most detailed map data (like the online version) when connected to the network, now it will not download or show the best data for those areas for which I downloaded maps--presumably it is only showing me the download. I have attached screencaptures of the comparison. Is there any way to choose to deactivate/activate locally downloaded map data? Should I expect the offline map resolution to be able to match the online map resolution? How do I delete maps if I want to? Should I be switching over to the online URL everytime I get back online? much thanks, I'm excited to get this all setup.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 20 Sep, 2020 10:05 PM

Can you send the url hash (everything after map.html# if you're not looking at a saved map) for the area where you took those screenshots?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2020-09-20_at_2.43.35_PM.png 192 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2020-09-20_at_2.42.31_PM.png 656 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac