Maps have disappeared

Tina Phillips

01 Oct, 2021 07:56 PM

We have lost our maps on SAR TOPO. There were a few of us working on a task when some could see what others couldn't. Now when I sign into the Cowichan SAR account and there is only one or two now. Can you help? We use the [email blocked] log in.

Thank you,
Tina
Search Manager
Cowichan SAR

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 01 Oct, 2021 11:40 PM

Hi Tina,

I checked the account for [email blocked] and found two maps. Can you provide the map IDs or the names of the maps that are missing? And could you explain more about what you mean when you said there were a few of you working a task when some could see what others couldn't?

Also are multiple users using the log in [email blocked] at the same time? If so, this may be why you are experiencing issues. Multiple users logging in with the same log in at the same time can have unintended and unexpected results. It is also a violation of our Terms of Use. Per our Terms of Use, desktop subscriptions such as the one you have are meant for a single user or for a single installation on a shared machine. If you wish for multiple users to be able to access shared data easily, a team account will allow you to do that. You can learn more about our team accounts here: https://sartopo.com/about/teams

2. 2 Posted by Tina Phillips on 02 Oct, 2021 01:04 AM

Hi Meghan,
    So it sounds like we need the team account. I wasn’t really sure what the
    difference was. Due to covid we were training on it from our homes hence
    the multiple logins.
    I don’t have a record of the other map numbers. One of them is our base
    map which is a hugely important one.
    I will go online and upgrade our account.

Thank you,
    Tina

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Julie on 04 Oct, 2021 02:13 PM

Hi Tina,

You should ask the others who use that login to check their own accounts and see if they have the maps. A lot of folks don't understand what the "add alternate login" option does and do that without realizing it merges two accounts. I suspect that someone did that, then undid, then re-made the original account but didn't realize all the maps ended up in their personal account.

If someone finds the maps, once they join the team account it's easy to move the maps over to the team.

Thanks,
    Julie

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac