Map wont open

amy

16 Sep, 2021 03:09 PM

I tried to open my private maps and they are only loading the description. The maps load on my phone however.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 16 Sep, 2021 03:23 PM

Hi Amy,

I was able to reproduce your issue and I've reported it to our developers to address. I will be in touch once we have an update for you.

Sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you but I want to assure you we are working to address it.

Thank you,
    Meghan

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Meghan on 16 Sep, 2021 05:02 PM

Amy,

We looked into the issue you reported more and both of the maps don't appear to open are very large maps with lots of data on them. If you wait a little while, the description disappears and the map eventually loads. Try waiting and see if the map will load for you. If it doesn't, please try opening it in an incognito browser window- it is also possible that you may have a plug in that is preventing it from loading.

Large maps with lots of data on them can really slow down the performance o the program. Once you get them to load, I would suggest doing the following to try to improve the loading time and overall performance:

• Break the large map up into numerous smaller maps
    • Organize map objects that you don't need to immediately reference into folders and set those folders to not be visible on page load. More information on changing folder visibility can be found in this section of our user guide
    • Turn off labels or set labels to be visible by folder. More information on changing label settings can be found in this section

Hope that helps clear things up! If your issue persists, please let us know.
    Best,
    Meghan

3. Meghan closed this discussion on 16 Sep, 2021 05:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

26 Oct, 2021 06:15 PM
26 Oct, 2021 05:52 PM
26 Oct, 2021 05:31 PM