Labeling questions

Russ Lawrence

09 Jun, 2020 05:08 PM

I am the training officer with Mt. Wave SAR (NW Oregon). I am developing an operating reminder sheet for our mapping operators. As you know operating SARTopo is a perishable skill, especially when only using that skill once or twice a year.

When using the software, the labels often hide/overwrite information appearing on the map. Also the labels appear as vertical columns, about one word wide, a difficult format to read.

Is there a means to reconfigure how the label appears and/or to relocate it on the map?

Thank you
Russ Lawrence, Mt. Wave SAR Training Officer

1. 1 Posted by Russ Lawrence on 09 Jun, 2020 05:11 PM

Initial question unresolved.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Meghan on 09 Jun, 2020 08:55 PM

Hi Russ,

Thanks for reaching out! You can use the Config menu to change how labels are displayed and set their visibility. You can find more on information on the Config menu here: https://help.caltopo.com/kb/basics/config-menu

Labels will overlap when objects are close together and/or you are zoomed out. Besides the Config menu, there is no way to change that at this time. My suggestion would be to turn off the label for objects you don't need labeled at that particular point in time (how to do this is in the article I shared above).

Also could you share a screenshot of the labels appearing as a vertical column? I was unable to replicate this in the current version of the app and would like to help you figure out what's going on.

Thank you,
    Meghan

3. Meghan closed this discussion on 09 Jun, 2020 08:55 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac