Area Calculations

John

10 Feb, 2020 01:38 PM

I have a question for SARTopo users. This is regarding area calculations of an area assignment. I have noticed that the area calculated within the boundaries, is truncating the calculation to whole acres with no decimals. I thought in the past it did calculate to one decimal place. When I switch in the configuration to mixed units it calculates a drawn area to 0.02 sq Km and 4 acres but if I convert sq Km to acres it equals 4.94 acres and not 4. Is there something I need to change in the configuration ?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 10 Feb, 2020 03:10 PM

The acreage calculation rounds to whole acres as of right now (it may truncate, I'll have to double check). We've received other requests to show up to two decimal places and we'll fix that in a few weeks after the final app release. Thanks for the feedback!

2. 2 Posted by John Kelly on 10 Feb, 2020 10:05 PM

Thanks. Do you notify users when there is an upgrade so we can download it ? I use the Professional version.

John

> On Feb 10, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Ben Lantow <[email blocked]> wrote:
    >

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Lantow on 11 Feb, 2020 03:33 PM

For the app updates are through the Android and iOS stores. For the web, small improvements don’t typically have an announcement but larger improvements we post on the blog and facebook.

Best,
    Ben

4. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 11 Feb, 2020 03:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac