tracking ICOM digital Radios

Gordon Bose

19 Nov, 2021 09:16 PM

Hello:
MY SAR team is currently tracking 12 digital ICOM IDAS Handheld VHF Radios using Ozi Tracker.
I am contemplating changing our whole team over to CAlTopo/SARTopo for command as well as mobile devices in in field.
Is it possible to track these radios using Cal/Topo?
Thanks
Gordon Bose
SAR Manager Shuswap SAR
Salmon Arm BC

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 20 Nov, 2021 12:56 AM

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm not familiar with your specific device but any device that is able to report its position via a REST API endpoint should be able to be added as a fleet type locator- please see this documentation for more information on fleet locators: https://training.caltopo.com/all_users/share/live-tracking. Additionally, if you have a team account, you could set up the devices ahead of time as a trackable device group as display them as part of the Shared Locations overlay- please see this documentation for more information on trackable device groups: https://training.caltopo.com/all_users/team-accounts/team-tracking#....

If your radios can report their position via a REST API endpoint, then you should be able to display their position updates in CalTopo/ SARTopo.

Best,
    Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Gordon Bose on 20 Nov, 2021 03:26 AM

Thanks Meghan:

I will have my Team Radio IT guys look at this.
    Also, I would like to chat to you about setting up a team account for my Volunteer SAR group.
    I am trying to get a proposal together in time for our next general meeting in Dec or possibly Jan.

Thanks

Gordon Bose, SAR Manager, Training Officer
    Shuswap Volunteer Search and Rescue
    [email blocked]
    https://shuswapvsar.org
    250-833-8238

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Julie on 23 Nov, 2021 03:47 AM

Hi Gordon,

What questions can we answer for you about the team accounts? Here is a bit of information to get you started:

We offer team accounts in sizes of 25 and 100 users. We do recommend purchasing enough licenses to cover all the members on your team in order to get full functionality. To learn more about the features and pricing of our team accounts, please visit our SARTopo Team Accounts page.

Our team accounts offer a number of features that set them apart from individual accounts and make them a better choice for organizations such as yours, including:

• Collaborative workspace: Any member of a team can view maps and layers saved to the team account. Edits will appear in real-time for anyone on the team with a data connection.
    • Live Tracking and Team Member Locators: Real-time location and route tracking of team members. Extremely helpful for organizations that need to monitor individuals/teams in the field.

We recommend checking out the video SARTopo for First Responder Teams & Organizations, which highlights the major features of SARTopo team accounts and allows you to see many of these features in action.

We also have a public SARTopo demo team account available for testing out the team features. If you would like to check it out, please let us know and we can pass along access information.

Thanks,
    Julie

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

08 Dec, 2021 03:50 PM
07 Dec, 2021 11:49 PM
07 Dec, 2021 04:42 PM