Option to show all maps

Jeremy

18 Jul, 2020 01:45 AM

Hello,

I'd often like to look at one larger map, say WA state where I typically hike, and see all of the tracks, routes, lines, etc. that I have created. I don't know if this feature exists, but if so I can't figure out how to make it work. Is it possible to show all of my maps together at once? If not, can something like this be added?

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Chad R. on 18 Jul, 2020 04:13 AM

In the web version of caltopo, this is a feature they just added recently. In the Map Layers menu on the right, there is a section called 'Your Data' with overlays for 'Your Maps' and 'Your Tracks'. I don't have any tracks through caltopo, but with 'Your Maps' I can see all my map data at the same time. It's colored white for some reason, which is about the worst choice of color to see them, but it's possible at least. Would love to be able to configure that color.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Meghan on 20 Jul, 2020 01:44 PM

Chad is correct- Your Maps and Your Tracks will allow you to overlay any saved tracks or maps you have to your account in the map viewer. Chad, I will add your suggestion for being able to configure the color of your tracks and maps to the future development board for consideration by our development team!

To facilitate tracking requests and duplicates, I'm going to close this ticket. If anyone would like to add to this conversation, please reopen the thread!

Thank you,
    Meghan

3. Meghan closed this discussion on 20 Jul, 2020 01:44 PM.

4. Jeremy re-opened this discussion on 20 Jul, 2020 08:02 PM

5. 3 Posted by Jeremy on 20 Jul, 2020 08:02 PM

Thanks for the info Chad and Meghan. Sorry to re-open this. Meghan, can I piggy-back on Chad's suggestion and suggest that this data somehow not disappear as you scroll out? If I zoom out too much, my data disappears from the map. This is not the case, for instance, once I have opened one of my maps. I can zoom out as much as I'd like without these tracks disappearing. Can that functionality be added here?

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ben Lantow on 20 Jul, 2020 08:21 PM

No. That isn't something do-able. It'll likely overload the app engine and cause performance and lag issues unfortunately. When it's just a single map that is less of an issue.

Just to be clear we tried a ton of different colors and found with the huge variety of backgrounds and maps, that white with yellow highlighting was a really good option compared to a great deal of other colors we experimented with.

Best,
    Ben

7. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 20 Jul, 2020 08:21 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac