Partial map display offline - elevation data missing?

zmaps

13 Oct, 2021 04:56 PM

See the attached screenshots. These show the same area at three different zoom levels, global imagery with relief shading. I'm getting a strange issue where every-other square in a grid is missing when offline in airplane mode (latest Android app), but only at the intermediate zoom level in the screenshots. As I move around, the grid there/missing pattern continues, unless I zoom in or out.

I read through the thread here:
https://help.caltopo.com/discussions/bugs/5835-app-issue-offline-maps-partially-not-displaying/page/1

Is that the issue I'm experiencing? I'm not sure, as at the deepest zoom level, I get global imagery without anything missing. This is quite odd, as at the three zoom levels, the exact same portion of the map:
- Displays fine when zoomed out.
- Disappears when I zoom in a little.
- Re-appears when I zoom in the most.

And again, the above only happens in every-other rectangle in a grid area.

After reading the thread above, I do see that elevation data for the area in question shows in the downloader as blue (partial resolution), even though I tried to download everything at max resolution. Is it the case that some locations only have partial resolution for elevation data? Even if this is the case, the rendering here doesn't make any sense, as every-other rectangle, so this must be a bug.

1. 1 Posted by zmaps on 13 Oct, 2021 04:58 PM

Note: I also tried deleting and re-downloading the offline data. No improvement.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by akaufmann on 13 Oct, 2021 05:01 PM

Hey there,

I was just about to ask if you had offline data for this area. This appears to be a bug that we recently discovered and are working to fix. It occurs specifically when using enhanced shading or terrain shading in conjunction with another layer when the data is downloaded offline.

If you delete your download the tiles should render correctly.

We hope to release a bug fix in the very new future!

AJ

3. akaufmann closed this discussion on 13 Oct, 2021 05:01 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

26 Oct, 2021 06:15 PM
26 Oct, 2021 05:52 PM
26 Oct, 2021 05:31 PM