Refresh errors?

Amanda Kaufman

03 May, 2021 06:06 PM

I am having problems (a few of us this past week or so - Since 4/25) with the app working correctly. Main problem has to do with the layers menu. I cannot get it to fully open when I select it. Sometimes, it pops up cut off. Sometimes, nothing happens and if I go to another menu and close it, the layers menu then opens up.

Also having a problem with data actually loading. You will see some satellite or terrain shading instead of topo coming through. It's sporadic on the map in places and never the same spot.

Also, how often is fire data updated. We had a fire 4/25 and the fire from last Summer doesn't show up in history and we only GOES 17, I believe for data during this fire. Just curious.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 04 May, 2021 02:49 PM

HI Amanda,

Well that's awkward. Can you check the app version please, and let me know what device or devices this happens on (as well as operating system.)

The historical fire data is updated irregularly, though we just pushed out an update in the last week or two. If it doesn't show up in the layer then it's likely missing from the source data. However, one of our engineers took a look at your ticket here and noticed the Flag Fire isn't displaying correctly even though it is in the data. They have a card set to fix it, but I'm not sure when he'll be able to get to it.

Thanks!
    Julie

2. 2 Posted by Amanda Kaufman on 05 May, 2021 02:07 PM

We have our meeting tomorrow, so I can get some information from the others that experienced the same thing.

My App is currently 0.7.8 running on Samsung S20 Ultra.

The phone has done an update since then and is currently running G988U1UES2DUD4 / G988U1OYM2DUD4 / G988U1EUS2DUD4 with Security Patch Level: May 1, 2021.

In our Team Account – we have a map KJ Test Map, when I ran it yesterday, I had no problems. It is working fine this morning. When I close that Map and open the Flag Fire map, it opens the layer list correctly, and then I close it. And then I can’t get it to open again – along with any of the other buttons at the top right – other than search opens the keyboard – but no window to type in.

If I close the map and open the KJ Test Map, everything seems to be working okay.

For my “layers” in the Flag Fire Map – I currently have the following turned on.

Base Layers

- Map Builder Topop

- Scanned Topos @ 100%

Map Overlays

- May Builder Overlay is checked

- Fire Activity is checked and set to “All Satellites”

- GOES 17 Live Fire Detection is checked

And I can’t see anything else – other than I suspect the Live Data for MCSO SAR is checked (see attached).

Regards,

Amanda Kaufman

928-279-2139

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Julie on 05 May, 2021 04:37 PM

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for the detailed description! That is really helpful. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the menu issues at all, and no one else has written in about it. That one is just for you right? Others on your team haven't seen it? I wonder if you just got a bad install or something. There's a small update that should be available by the end of today to 0.7.9 (if it's not already available). The update shouldn't have anything to do with this issue, but perhaps updating will kick the app into gear. Or you could try uninstalling and reinstalling and see if that does it.

The loading problems are probably related to how many layers and overlays you have open at once. For example, with MapBuilder topo as the base layer and scanned topo at 100% over it, it still has to load MapBuilder even though it isn't displaying it at all. On a mobile device, no matter how good the connection is, that can cause the display slowness.

Thanks,
    Julie

4. 4 Posted by Amanda Kaufman on 05 May, 2021 04:40 PM

Okay, I will watch for the update and install that and try again. If I uninstall and reinstall… what happens to all the data I have downloaded? The Tile?

Also, we have our meeting tomorrow. I know a couple others were having problems with something, so I will figure out if it is similar or not. When I get another “break” from work, I will play with it a little more and change the layers.

Regards,

Amanda Kaufman

Brown Drilling

928-757-1920

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Julie on 05 May, 2021 04:46 PM

The app will re-sync all your maps and stuff again when you login to the app again. Downloaded tiles don't disappear usually unless you go into Android settings and manually delete all the app data before uninstalling. Try the update first, and if after a few days you keep seeing the problem, or if you see it on any other maps, or if anyone else has the same issue, let me know. Then maybe we'll try the app uninstall.

Julie

6. 6 Posted by Amanda Kaufman on 05 May, 2021 04:56 PM

Okay, thank you!

Regards,

Amanda Kaufman

Brown Drilling

928-757-1920

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• signal-2021-05-03-110044.jpeg 325 KB
  • signal-2021-05-03-110055.jpeg 298 KB
  • signal-2021-05-03-110106.jpeg 347 KB
  • signal-2021-05-03-110116.jpeg 339 KB
  • signal-2021-05-03-110132.jpeg 356 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

13 Jun, 2021 10:00 AM
12 Jun, 2021 01:42 AM
12 Jun, 2021 12:14 AM
11 Jun, 2021 10:25 PM