Bug report: Problems when docking/undocking often

Sondre Lysne

07 Jul, 2020 11:27 AM

Hi!

I`m part of a Search and Rescue team in Norway.

We`re using SARTopo and Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 2 (8 inch). On our ATV we are docking our tablet, an active docing that charges the tablet.

During some searches theres a lot of stop/start, and therefor the power to the dock/tablet is on/off a lot. Everytime the tablet gets power through the docking station, the loading icon appears, and everything reloads. After some time the tablet goes slower and slower, and finally Caltopo crashes - if theres a lot of layers, tracks, etc it crashes sooner rather than later.

My guess is that everything (maps, tracks, etc) is reloaded into the tablets RAM everytime it gets power and start charging.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 07 Jul, 2020 10:59 PM

Hi Sondre,

Thanks for reaching out! We do have a similar tablet and so far have been unable to reproduce the issue you described. I have a couple questions for you to try to trouble shoot what might be going on:

• To be clear, the map is reloading but the app is not restarting, correct?
    • Exactly what loading message are your receiving? Screenshots of the loading messages and the loading would be very helpful.
    • Does this occur with one particular map or any map?
    • Do you have any tiles downloaded for offline use?
    • Is there any screen rotation involved?
    • Do you have to restart the app once it crashes?
    • Does the tablet have cell capability or only wifi?
    • Do you have power saving modes for the tablet battery enabled?
    • Do you ever turn the Samsung tablet off or is continually on?

Thanks for taking the time to respond to these questions. More information will help us dig into what might be going on!

Best,
    Meghan

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac