Base Layer Menu Not Scrolling

Brian Meyers

11 May, 2020 09:21 PM

I'd got many custom layers which pushes the realtime data layers off screen. Since this menu does not scroll, I can't access them.

I found this post from your Support team from ~18 months ago:
"I don't think it has ever scrolled properly, but maybe you had a larger screen at some point? You're missing the "realtime data" layer: snotel, water gauges, weather stations.

I'm aware of the issue and hope to get it fixed in the next several months. Unfortunately there's an interplay between the layer selection dropdown and the outer container with all the checkboxes that makes it non-trivial to just make the outer container scrollable."

Has this been resolved?
Thanks!
Brian

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 11 May, 2020 09:54 PM

Hi Brian,

Do you mind sending me a screen shot real quick? Also, which device and app version are you using? I can't seem to duplicate this problem.

Thanks,
    Julie

2. 2 Posted by Meyers, Brian S on 11 May, 2020 10:09 PM

Sure thing! Please see attachment.

I'm using a new 2019 MacBook Pro and Chrome. Not sure which app version. Is there an actual app to download? I thought it was online only service.

Thanks,
    Brian

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Julie on 11 May, 2020 10:23 PM

Hi Brian,

Thanks for that. I see what you mean, and it is still a problem. I'll pass it on to the developers and see if they can do anything. In the meantime, some less-than-ideal work arounds to try would be to use the Chrome menu to Zoom Out, which will make all the text smaller, but it might allow you to see all the layers in the menu. Or, if you have an option of a larger monitor and can go full screen, that might do it. I realized neither of those are great options. We'll let you know if we find a better solution or can update the program so it will scroll.

Julie

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ben Lantow on 20 May, 2020 07:05 PM

Unfortunately this is a known issue on smaller screens or lower resolution monitors, or in cases with a lot of base layers and transparencies. The fix is unfortunately also very complicated and not at all easy, it will end up being part of our larger UI improvements in the near future. In the meanwhile, using full screen, increasing screen resolution, using chrome's zoom feature, or using less base maps are all work arounds.

Best,
    Ben

5. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 20 May, 2020 07:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac