Scan qr-code don't work

Geir Stensrud

14 Oct, 2021 10:00 PM

Hi.

I trying to scan qr-code but i get this error: 'unable to activate camera'
all permission is given. Also camera but only gets error. tried to restart phone. camera work just fine on the phone.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 15 Oct, 2021 12:05 AM

Hello Geir,

Sorry to hear you are running into issues- this is not something we've had reported before, which leads me to believe it is something device specific. What mobile device are you using and what type and version OS? And can you check your phone's settings and confirm that QR scanning is enabled in the camera app itself?

Thank you,
    Meghan

2. 2 Posted by Geir Stensrud on 15 Oct, 2021 06:15 PM

Hi Meghan

I have Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986B/DS. Android 11. QR scanning is enable in camera app. See picture. I live in Norway so the words in the screenshot are in Norwegian language. I have also tried deleting the app, restarting the phone and installing the app and restarting the phone again and factory reset has also been tried. Nothing helps.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan on 15 Oct, 2021 06:42 PM

Do you only receive that message when you try to scan a QR code with the CalTopo? When you aren't in the CalTopo app, are you able to use the camera to scan other QR codes successfully?

4. 4 Posted by Geir Stensrud on 15 Oct, 2021 06:54 PM

Yes. I get that error code only in CalTopo app. In camera app i can scan other QR code. But not in CalTopo.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan on 15 Oct, 2021 07:05 PM

And what about other apps besides CalTopo- are you able to scan QR codes from them? I've been doing some research on your specific device and there have been reports from other users that they can't scan QR codes from apps after updating their device.

6. 6 Posted by Geir Stensrud on 15 Oct, 2021 07:21 PM

Ok. I can scan qr code from camera app, , 'QR and Barcode scanner' and 'Smart QR Code Scanner'

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Meghan on 15 Oct, 2021 08:34 PM

Based on what I'm finding, reports indicate that third party QR code scanners like the ones you named work but other apps like CalTopo do not. Do you have any apps that aren't third party QR code scanners like CalTopo that you can test? Sorry for the back and forth but I am trying tom determine if it is something happening with your device or if it is the CalTopo app itself, especially since we have not had any other reports of this behavior.

8. 8 Posted by Geir Stensrud on 16 Oct, 2021 10:38 AM

Third party qr scanner? Then you get to find a qr scanner you want me to try because I can not download everything I find on google play and other sites.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Meghan on 19 Oct, 2021 04:01 PM

Geir,

'QR and Barcode scanner' and 'Smart QR Code Scanner' are third party QR scanner apps. Based on your previous email, it sounds like these are able to scan QR codes from your device. My question is are you able to scan QR codes with any apps that are not third party QR scanners? For example, CalTopo is an app that is not a third party QR scanner app but has the ability to scan QR codes. Do you have any other apps like CalTopo that you can test out and compare?

I found reports from other users with your specific device that are unable to scan QR codes from apps like CalTopo after updating their device. Again apologies for the back and forth but I want to rule this out first before we move onto other troubleshooting steps.

Thank for your patience while we work through this.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screenshot_20211014-235929_CalTopo.jpg 162 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

08 Dec, 2021 03:50 PM
07 Dec, 2021 11:49 PM
07 Dec, 2021 04:42 PM