Android app availability in the UK?

Brian Dickson

27 Apr, 2020 12:40 PM

Hi,
I couldn't see the Caltop app in Google Play and I am in the UK. I saw an earlier thread that you were working on this- any indicator as when this will be available thanks?

Brian

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 27 Apr, 2020 07:50 PM

Currently the app is only available in the US and Canada. This is mostly due to mapping coverage. As we expand coverage of mapping, we'll expand our application availability.

Best,
    Ben

2. 2 Posted by Brian Dickson on 28 Apr, 2020 09:08 AM

Hi Ben,Thanks for getting back to me and Caltopo is a great product by the way.
    Appreciate that the background mapping is less good for here in Scotland, but I actually use Caltopo mostly for past and future US trips! And was looking to use the app when next in the USA to Utah or California. Hopefully in the autumn or next spring if COVID-19 is put under control. Not sure if I could use the app for the USA or not?
    Thanks againBrian

Brian Dickson www.pbase.com/briansolar1

On Monday, 27 April 2020, 20:51:00 BST, Ben Lantow <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Lantow on 28 Apr, 2020 04:22 PM

No problem. I don't know exactly how Android determines your location so that may work when you're in the US.

Our concern is that if we offer the app up as available in countries we don't have full map coverage we'll create an expectation and disappoint our customers. We're working on rapidly expanding our mapping coverage though and the UK is on that list.

Best,
    Ben

4. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 28 Apr, 2020 04:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Sep, 2021 09:35 PM
16 Sep, 2021 08:02 PM
16 Sep, 2021 07:07 PM