Navigate feature restarts from beginning

Jeff Guild

11 Apr, 2020 04:41 PM

Similar to the closed help thread, my tracks have been going back to the start after asking me to resume when waking up my iphone to view the track.
This happened as recently as Wednesday 4/8.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 11 Apr, 2020 04:55 PM

Hey Jeff,
    We fixed the issue but I don't believe it's deployed in production yet. Should be in the app update probably mid week.

Just to make sure that you are having the same problem, you are navigating along a line, the app is closed and the navigation restarts trying to navigate you to the start of the line. Is that correct?

Best,
    Ben

2. 2 Posted by jguild10 on 12 Apr, 2020 03:51 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. It’s actually happening when I’m recording a
    track. I thought it might’ve been my location sharing setting so I updated
    it to always allow, to no avail.
    I’ll wake up my phone to get an update on my location and track stats and
    it will ask me if I want to resume the track. Then, after selecting “yes”
    it will straight line from the last point it recorded a location
    ,apparently.
    Writing this now it occurs to me it’s a different issue (but still one that
    would be nice to resolve).

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Lantow on 12 Apr, 2020 03:39 PM

This sounds like a different issue. For location sharing you just need to have "while in app" and that is sufficient as long as you take an action to start the recording (which is how our app is set up).

It sounds like your phone is killing the app when you background it. The prompt asking if you want to continue the track occurs after the app restarts if you were recording a track before hand. This is likely related to your overall OS performance settings, though we've made a couple tweaks in the next release so the OS kills the app in the background less (at least in iOS). iOS has a complex way of prioritizing and killing apps in the background based on need within the OS, so if you're doing other intensive processes at the same time it's more likely to kill apps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Sep, 2021 08:02 PM
16 Sep, 2021 07:07 PM
16 Sep, 2021 06:13 PM