With some changes to the initial sync UI flow, sync is ready to go public. Bookmarked maps (new feature) are also synced, allowing the offline version to view / edit maps owned by other users, although bookmarks must currently be setup on the website rather than in the offline version. Additional changes include:
- Export USAR iron sights icons to GPX
- Do not show multiple new-object dialogs at once
- Prevent labels from printing when turned off in map viewer
- Fix several view-from-here bugs
- Align 104 D/S table cells to top
- Fix bulk ops shape lengths and NAD27 coordinates
- Fix waypoint (SAR-specific) bulk ops
- Clicking selects causing parent menu to disappear in Firefox
- Locators not inheriting track lengths from groups
- Fix offline-specific callsign feature
- Add scroll wheel zoom while drawing
This release includes some major non-user-facing changes that lay the groundwork for upcoming features. The sync protocol is stable, and synced accounts can access the new map downloader with lower-48-wide MapBuilder coverage. However, the sync UI may change a bit to allow automatic communication between the offline version and CalTopo or SARTopo rather than having to generate and copy a code, so I'm going to hold off on publicizing it until that gets worked out.
User-facing changes include:
- GeoJSON import / export, to supplant the now-deprecated "Cal/SARTopo Backup" GPX option.
- Improved bootup time for offline installs with large numbers of .mbtiles files, particularly on a spinning disk.
- Layer updates
- MapBuilder Topo, Hybrid and Overlay are available in the offline version. MapBuilder Hybrid has been tweaked slightly so that the offline version can re-use tiles between Topo and Hybrid rather than needing to download the two separately.
- New DEM (digital elevation model) layer combines elevation, slope and aspect data into a single tile. The older separate elevation, slope and aspect layers are deprecated but will be supported for the forseeable future.
- Shaded relief and slope angle shading are now automatically computed from elevation data, there is no need to download relief and slope angle shading data for offline use.
- Improved OpenLayers mouse sensitivity - nudging the mouse several pixels while clicking will now register as a click rather than a drag.
- Fix bug that prevented importing clues with null names.
- Fix custom layer caching - previously showing multiple custom layers at once could cause a cache conflict that would prevent one layer from rendering properly.
- Fix profile bug that prevented PNG, PDF and CSV exports of lines with HTML entities (e.g. &) in their name.
Build #5 adds a few minor bugfixes and removes the worrisome-looking "illegal access exception" message on Java versions 9 and 10.
- Installing and Running the CalTopo Offline App - Windows
- Installing and Running the CalTopo Offline App - macOS
- Transferring Map Data between CalTopo Online and CalTopo Offline
- Installing and Running the SARTopo Offline App - Windows
- Installing and Running the SARTopo Offline App - macOS
- View all (2 more)