Is there a way to import an overlay image of a compass onto the map for bearing lines?

adeangelo101

01 Sep, 2020 02:15 PM

Looking for assistance with two things:
1) importing a transparent picture onto the map to assist with setting the bearing line or degrees for direction of travel.
2) Importing an ARCGIS tracker history into our maps as a continuous line. Currently when we upload the tracker, it will import each upload from the device, which is about every 10 seconds, in turn makes a whole lot of markers. Is there a way to may it a continuous line and be only one marker?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Julie on 01 Sep, 2020 06:36 PM

Hi,

Sorry but we do not have a feature allowing you to add images to the maps or to PDFs. You would have to do this post-production with your own PDF-edit software.

I'm not too familiar with the ARCGIS tracker. It sounds like it can only send point data. Unfortunately you'll have to connect the points yourself.

Thanks,
    Julie

2. Julie closed this discussion on 01 Sep, 2020 06:36 PM.

3. adeangelo101 re-opened this discussion on 01 Sep, 2020 08:23 PM

4. 2 Posted by adeangelo101 on 01 Sep, 2020 08:23 PM

Ok thank you

5. Julie closed this discussion on 01 Sep, 2020 08:36 PM.

6. Julie re-opened this discussion on 01 Sep, 2020 09:55 PM

7. Support Staff 3 Posted by Julie on 01 Sep, 2020 09:55 PM

I may have misunderstood your question here. It is possible to add images in the corner of the PDF if you have a pro, desktop, or team account. I was assuming you wanted to overlay an image over the actual map part of the page. If that's the case, you can't, but you can add custom images in each corner.

Thanks,
    Julie

8. Julie closed this discussion on 01 Sep, 2020 10:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac