Sharing map

Ryan Herring

19 May, 2020 01:41 AM

How do I link the mobile map to the online SARtopo? EX if i create a map in the command post and i need to add my member's phone to track them.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by rmarcucci on 19 May, 2020 05:50 PM

Hi Ryan,

If you have a team account, this happens automatically and you just tell your team members what map to open. One of the many benefits.

If you're working with an individual account, the easiest way to do this is to give them the 4 digit map ID. ex: sartopo.com/m/XXXX the XXXX is that Id. Then they would be able to open that map in their app, upper left 3 bars, bookmarks, the plus icon, though they would need a password to write to it.

Or, they can open the long URL on the website (including viewing the website on their phone), and if they're signed in, it will create a bookmark that syncs to the app.

Sorry, there's a disconnect here because we just developed new features, and for various reasons needed to roll them out to the site before the app. Long URL support is coming to the app really soon, where you'll be able to just message the URL to the team and it will click through to the app.

Give it a few more weeks and this will all be resolved to the point where you cant print a QR code with that URL in it, they can scan the QR code, and they'll get update level access to the map.

All the best,
    Rom

2. rmarcucci closed this discussion on 19 May, 2020 05:50 PM.

3. Ryan Herring re-opened this discussion on 19 May, 2020 06:49 PM

4. 2 Posted by Ryan Herring on 19 May, 2020 06:49 PM

Thank you. Is there information out there to learn more sartopo. I have a
    Volunteer Technical Rescue around a 100 member team. We are learning as we
    go would love to know on how we can use it from the command base to the
    field.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by rmarcucci on 19 May, 2020 07:00 PM

Ryan,

Apologies if some of this is too basic, I don't know what level user you are. Many newer users find our youtube tutorials helpful: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAv2WQF3l2exqyR-KaCB84Q
    We have a fairly in depth knowledge base that we are building out further every day: https://help.caltopo.com/kb
    If you were interest in learning about a team account, info is here: https://help.caltopo.com/kb

Let us know any specific questions you have as you move through this and we are happy to help out via this forum as well.

All the best,
    Rom

6. rmarcucci closed this discussion on 19 May, 2020 07:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Oct, 2020 02:39 AM
19 Oct, 2020 11:35 PM
19 Oct, 2020 07:09 PM