Markers

Steve

24 Apr, 2019 06:53 PM

Can I somehow assign BOTH a polygon/shape and marker to a folder, area assignment or op period (yes, I know I can do that) AND then click on those and only those to auto generate a map to print? It seems like there is a way, but I can't find it. In bulk ops I can only select marker OR shape, not both. I also can't select at the folder level to print nor can I chose individual attributes/line items such as individual shapes, markers, etc to auto generate a map. My issue is that if a geographic area is cluttered and I wish to auto generate a map but I only want to select individual shape files or markers to auto generate.

I suppose I can create a folder and put everything I want in there and turn all other data off then manually print a map, but I don't necessarily want to create a file system just for convenient printing. I might want a file for shapes/areas and a different file for lines (such as trails) and I want to auto-generate a map by selecting only those separate items to print (that also happen to be in that same geographic area - but i may not want to print all the items in that area).

sorry if the question is confusing. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 26 Apr, 2019 02:57 AM

For technical reasons bulk ops are limited to a single object type (and the print function would give you a separate map for each object, not all objects on the same map).

It will require some extra clicking, but you can do Config -> Set Visibility-> By Item to get a checkbox next to each item. If you only want one item in a large folder, you have to manually uncheck all the other items, so it's most viable if you have some kind of overlap between your folder structure and the items you want to print.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac