member of team write access to map

steve.levy

07 Jan, 2021 07:54 PM

I have access to our team account via my individual login email. I can typically look at all team maps. But I have found that maps created under the team account can not be edited while I am logged-in via my email access. The map has no password nor extended url, but sartopo asks for the password. Is this expected operation? How can I edit the map as there is no password associated with the map?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 07 Jan, 2021 08:40 PM

Hi Steve,
    You do not have write access to any teams. You'll need to contact your team admin to request that level of access to the team account. Individual maps can be shared with write link/password outside of the team permission structure. A team admin or manager can create those sharing links at a different access level (such as write access).

Best,
    Ben

2. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 07 Jan, 2021 08:40 PM.

3. steve.levy re-opened this discussion on 07 Jan, 2021 11:48 PM

4. 2 Posted by steve.levy on 07 Jan, 2021 11:48 PM

Thanks.  I checked the team acct, I have update access.   It appears that accessing a map with the long url causes the map to be bookmarked and then can be accessed with the short url.Sent from my Galaxy
    -------- Original message --------From: Ben Lantow <[email blocked]> Date: 1/7/21 12:41 PM (GMT-08:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: member of team write access to map [Cal/SARTopo Desktop #713]

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Lantow on 08 Jan, 2021 02:41 AM

That is correct - if you are given access to a single map at a higher level of access you will retain that access to that map (such as the ability to write to a map that you previously had update only access).

Best,
    Ben

6. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 08 Jan, 2021 02:41 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac