Error synching desktop app

Olney

07 Jul, 2020 05:54 PM

Good afternoon,
I am getting an error when attempting to sync my desktop app with my account for the first time, the error reads "status code:500, exception: could not validate link code. Skiptrace: (none)".

The only two headers on the account setup page (preceding that message) are the App Activation and the Security Check. The other headers and options do not appear.
Sartopo offline does appear to work, I just cant sync/login. Also i am guessing its related, the Command Prompt appears to close immediately upon start up but some how the Localhost address works (pretty good time delay though for start up).
Software downloaded today and Java 14.0.1 is the version installed. The computer is running on Windows 10
Thoughts?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 07 Jul, 2020 10:02 PM

Olney,

Thanks for reaching out! Windows 10 no longer includes Java. Did you add Java to the PATH? If not, the fix is a bit of pain but we're planning to do some things to make this much easier in the future. Here is a good in depth (with pictures) walk through of how to fix the issue: https://javatutorial.net/set-java-home-windows-10

This is on our to-do list to address. If this doesn't solve your issue, please let me know and we can do some further troubleshooting.

Best,
    Meghan

2. Meghan closed this discussion on 07 Jul, 2020 10:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac