Maps are Read-Only when Collaborating

romard

21 May, 2020 04:52 PM

When I want to share a map, I now only see "collaborate" as the way to do it. People I collaborate with receive the map in "Read-Only" and cannot make changes. The dialog window presented when I set the type of collaboration does not have a field for a password. Yet, the collaborators are required to provide a password to edit.

I've tried secret and URL types of collaboration, but the result is the same.

How do I set the password, or how do I collaborate so the others can edit the map?

The workaround we've been forced to use is to share the json file of the map, with each person updating individually then passing it along with their changes. We are creating multiple instances of the same map, with older instances needing to be deleting.

Mac OS Catalina (10.15.4)
Java version "13.0.2" 2020-01-14
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 13.0.2+8)
Mozilla Firefox 76.0.1 / Safari 13.1

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 21 May, 2020 05:00 PM

Hi Damian,

Thanks for reaching out! I would be happy to help you figure this out. Could you send me a screenshot of the dialogue box you get when you press "Collaborate"?

Thank you,
    Meghan

2. 2 Posted by romard on 21 May, 2020 05:14 PM

There option to add a password is now available in the collaboration panel. It was not available yesterday. Several experiences SARTopo users did not have that option.

The option to create "additional access" for passwords or a shareable link was not presented. It is there now.
    D.
    Damian Romard
    http://about.me/romard

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan on 21 May, 2020 05:42 PM

Thank you so much for providing that feedback- that is good to know and I will share it with our development team. It sounds like you are good to go now but if you have any questions or concern, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you,
    Meghan

4. Meghan closed this discussion on 21 May, 2020 05:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac