Having exact same issue!

r.wheelock

06 May, 2020 05:52 AM

I tried everything!
So I went to Command Prompt and pasted what you had said to paste.
c:\sartopo\
java -Dsarsoft.properties=sar.properties -jar sar.jar

Says java is not recognized as an internal or external command.
Please help!

Also if I try and delete the extracted directory it refuses and says it's in use.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 06 May, 2020 05:01 PM

So my gut is that this is a Windows 10 machine and Java isn't on the PATH, Windows 10 is no longer including Java. The fix is a bit of a pain and we're going to do some things to make this much easier in the future but this is a good in depth (with pictures) walk through of how to fix the issue:
    https://javatutorial.net/set-java-home-windows-10

It's on our to-do list and high up as soon as we finish up some last things with the mobile app.

2. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 06 May, 2020 05:01 PM.

3. r.wheelock re-opened this discussion on 06 May, 2020 05:14 PM

4. 2 Posted by r.wheelock on 06 May, 2020 05:14 PM

Also there was a question from neighboring Kootenai County about the software. Can you run multiple stations and modify from multiple computers simultaneously?
         Get Outlook for iOS

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Lantow on 06 May, 2020 05:23 PM

The short answer is yes, you can modify a map from numerous locations (think google docs).

If you are running a desktop installation you need a license for each install or a team account per our Terms of Use (http://caltopo.com/about/terms-of-use/). You can use and modify maps simultaneously from multiple installations, mobile devices, etc. Team accounts really open up a lot of these features easily by creating a bucket of maps that can be accessed by any team user with integrated permissions levels.

Best,
    Ben

6. 4 Posted by r.wheelock on 07 May, 2020 02:14 AM

Next problem.......offline maps. I followed the instructions to the Desktop Access area which is what used to be offline access. I can’t find an option to download maps!
         Get Outlook for iOS

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ben Lantow on 08 May, 2020 01:46 PM

You download the Data within the desktop application (bullet point 2). Open the desktop application and follow steps to download in that application. The knowledge base walkd you through the process.

8. 6 Posted by r.wheelock on 08 May, 2020 09:39 PM

So here is bullet point 2. I'm talking about the tiles where you select the offline map data for download. 
         In the videos in the help section it shows it in the offline access area. But that has been replaced by the desktop Access area. The next pic shows the lack of ability to select offline maps.
    I can't find the spot where I select the tiles for offline use.
    Thanks Robert WheelockSilver Valley Search and Rescue
    Get Outlook for iOS From: Ben Lantow <[email blocked]>

9. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ben Lantow on 08 May, 2020 09:56 PM

You download the Data within the desktop application (bullet point 2 in your second screen shot). Open the desktop application and follow steps to download in that application. The knowledge base walks you through the process. The screen shots you are sending are all on the website. All downloads are done through the desktop application. This is shown in the video and KB article, but you are still on the website, you need to be in the application.

10. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 08 May, 2020 09:56 PM.

11. r.wheelock re-opened this discussion on 19 May, 2020 06:26 AM

12. 8 Posted by r.wheelock on 19 May, 2020 06:26 AM

So I got a lot of the downloading done but I've run into a run of errors. Of the 34 tiles I've tried to download, all of the map builder topo and Map Builder overlay are working well. But about 7-8 of the Forest Service tiles and about 28 NAIP 2016 maps refuse to download. Attached is the DOS page. Thanks Robert Wheelock
         Get Outlook for iOS

13. Support Staff 9 Posted by rmarcucci on 19 May, 2020 05:37 PM

Hi there,

Ben, who you've been in touch with on this issue, is unavailable until tomorrow or Thursday. He will be in touch then. I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thank you,
    Rom

14. Support Staff 10 Posted by Ben Lantow on 21 May, 2020 03:43 PM

I know what happened here. If you restart your downloads you should be fine. Essentially if the download takes too long, or the computer sits too long, the link used to download the data from us can expire which is what happened here. If you log back in and restart your downloads they should finish.

We'll add this to our bug fix list to repair in the next desktop release.

But you didn't do anything incorrectly just a bug on our side.

15. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 21 May, 2020 03:43 PM.

16. r.wheelock re-opened this discussion on 23 May, 2020 06:03 PM

17. 11 Posted by r.wheelock on 23 May, 2020 06:03 PM

I tried everything I can think of.......unsynch’d the offline. Logged out of online. Restarted computer. Closed and opened the Sartopo offline.bat As soon as that command prompt opens......if it has internet it immediately attempts to download the previous tiles. I don't even need to open a browser. And so it just keeps preventing me from do anything.

Get Outlook for iOS

18. Support Staff 12 Posted by Ben Lantow on 24 May, 2020 08:15 PM

Hi,
    It looks like you missed my previous response:
    If you restart your downloads you should be fine. Essentially if the download takes too long, or the computer sits too long, the link used to download the data from us can expire which is what happened here. If you log back in and select your tiles again and select download they should download correctly.

We'll add this to our bug fix list to repair in the next desktop release.

But you didn't do anything incorrectly just a bug on our side.

19. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 24 May, 2020 08:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac