OpenStreetMap Layers?

brett

17 Jan, 2020 02:46 AM

Hello, just curious if there are any plans to make the OpenStreetMap tiles available for download for the offline version for SARTopo. I noticed that OpenStreetMap has city/village boundaries for many locations that doesn't seem to be represented in the existing tile sets. I would assume its not their either due to a lack of demand or licensing issues.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 17 Jan, 2020 02:01 PM

Which specific boundaries are you looking for? At this time we don't offer OSM data packaged for download, and I'm actually not 100% sure we could legally. The map builder layer uses a lot of OSM data however.

Best,
    Ben

2. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 17 Jan, 2020 02:01 PM.

3. brett re-opened this discussion on 17 Jan, 2020 02:18 PM

4. 2 Posted by brett on 17 Jan, 2020 02:19 PM

Thanks Ben for the quick response! In the attached screenshot of Holly, MI you can see the purple dashed line which shows the village limits in the OSM window. The Map Builder layer on the right doesn't feature that dashed line.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Lantow on 17 Jan, 2020 03:35 PM

Gotcha. Yes this was something we did not include in the layer, there is just only so much we can display. We're adding parcel data to the map in the next couple weeks, we may integrate city, county, etc boundaries into that layer.

6. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 17 Jan, 2020 03:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac