Issue importing GPX to Offline

nimdokk

28 Nov, 2019 03:03 PM

I'm not sure if it is me or not, but I am trying to load a GPX file into SARTopo Offline and it will not load. I have no problem loading KML or GeoJSON files. I did notice that if I created the GPX in SARTopo Offline (exported) I could then import it into another map in Offline. However, I cannot create a GPX in Online and export it to Offline. I was able to import the same GPX file into Online but it won't import into Offline. I should be on the latest stable release. I also stopped the service and restarted it just to make sure.

Version info: "Welcome to SARTopo Offline version 4153, 01/26/19 06:09:36"

Thanks,

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 28 Nov, 2019 08:54 PM

Can you send me a GPX file that is causing this problem? We've made some updates to the online software and a new offline release is coming soon, but I don't think any of those things should be causing this problem.

Best,
    Ben

2. 2 Posted by nimdokk on 28 Nov, 2019 11:08 PM

The file: 1574519816533.gpx loads to "Online" but not "Offline". It is range rings created in sarmapper.org.

export (1).gpx is the same rings exported from "online" to a GPX file. It also does not load into "offline".

export.kml is the same exported as a KML. This does load into "offline".

I did some further playing around and had a GPX exported from Offline and it imported just fine into Offline, The difference is that GPX contained a series of markers. Whereas the ones I am trying and failing to load contain range rings. Not sure if that makes a difference. I did also successfully load a GPX that was exported from a Garmin GPS unit.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 03 Dec, 2019 09:06 PM

Sorry, I'm not sure what's going on but I can confirm that the file imports fine in the "beta 16" JAR file that we are about to release as a new version of SARTopo Offline.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac