what is the documentroot for sartopo offline

steve.levy

07 Dec, 2018 07:18 AM

want to access maps created by generate pdf

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 08 Dec, 2018 04:55 AM

Those are stored in a temp folder - location should be printed on the command prompt when SARTopo Offline starts up, but the files also get cycled out as new ones are generated.

2. 2 Posted by steve.levy on 08 Dec, 2018 05:24 AM

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
    -------- Original message --------From: matt <[email blocked]> Date: 12/7/18 8:56 PM (GMT-08:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: what is the documentroot for sartopo offline [Cal/SARTopo Offline #223]

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 10 Dec, 2018 06:57 PM

Steve, I'm not seeing any content in your reply, only the "sent from my verizon" footer.

4. 4 Posted by steve.levy on 10 Dec, 2018 07:54 PM

< I think I am not very good atfollowing directions... anyway>
    I believe I found the temp dir.. having files including those with names p-wxyz.pdf?  To test if that directory was infact pointed to by the URL, I copied a file to a new name, p-bogo.pdf in that directory.  Then tried to access it by typing http://192.168.1.20:8080/p/bogo.pdf.  The browser did not find it.  Should it have worked? What am I missing or should I try it again?
    Regards

On Monday, December 10, 2018, 10:57:26 AM PST, matt <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by matt on 10 Dec, 2018 07:56 PM

That sounds right, but the files are only cached copies of PDFs stored in the database. If you delete a file that's fine, it will get regenerated, but creating a new file with a new name won't cause that ID to get loaded from the /p/ID URL, as the ID doesn't exist in the database and that gets checked before looking for a cached PDF file.

What are you trying to accomplish?

6. 6 Posted by steve.levy on 10 Dec, 2018 08:30 PM

So, the web server is looking in a db for the referenced file, not to a particular file located on disk.
    We are trying to get a QR code reference on a map we create to be downloadable to Avenza on android, etc., out in the field.  Presently we start sartopo with nodename:8080.  If there is no internet connectivity, the android does not do DNS, and so cannot resolve the nodename to its IPaddr.  We have several solutions we were persuing: 1) use the custom QR field to set the name, but we notice that it becomes the entire name field,  not just the node name/IPaddr path, so the leaf name of the pdf is lost, 2) get around that by copying the file to a known name in the correct directory (hence the questions), 3) (latest, to be tested), change the startup bat file to use the IPaddr to start sartopo vs nodename.  We know, if one manually starts sartopo using IPaddr, all appears good with the QR code. Have to check iPhone, also.  BTW, avenza will not accept file:///.
    So, this has been a bit of discovery, learning to get this implemented.
    Thanks for any info.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
    -------- Original message --------From: matt <[email blocked]> Date: 12/10/18 11:56 AM (GMT-08:00) To: [email blocked] Subject: Re: what is the documentroot for sartopo offline [Cal/SARTopo Offline #223]

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by matt on 11 Dec, 2018 07:30 PM

If you place abc.pdf in data/usercontent, you can access it via the URL /resource/usercontent/abc.pdf, in case that helps.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac