activation code

scottrjustus

24 Jul, 2018 07:20 PM

Hello, I have used sartopo for a year now, and i had to reactivate my offline data. I have had it installed previously and have tried to re-sync it several times but keeps saying wrong code?

1. 1 Posted by scottrjustus on 24 Jul, 2018 07:21 PM

Iam trying to sync to my online account

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by matt on 25 Jul, 2018 02:00 AM

Scott -

There are two possible issues here and I'm not sure which one you're referring to.

If your offline license has expired and you need to enter a new license key, you can copy the key from https://sartopo.com/offline/app (or https://caltopo.com/offline/app for CalTopo Offline). Edit the sar.properties (or cal.properties) file in your offline install, and replace the license key (everything after the = sign) with the new key you copied. Then restart the app if it's running.

Separately, the offline version now supports syncing with the website, so that you can start a map online, transfer it offline, make edits away from the internet, and then sync it back to the website. This sounds like what you're attempting; please not that although it's close to release, it's still an experimental feature - I probably exposed it (for testing purposes) a little too early. At the moment the latest stable release will not sync properly, you need the nightly .jar file. Syncing will not update your license key.

• Matt
  3. 3 Posted by scottrjustus on 25 Jul, 2018 08:16 PM

Hi Matt, everything you described was the issue, and now it is working
    properly. Do you send out emails when you release new info? Or will there
    be an automatic update that will update our systems.?
    Btw.. love and use the product!

Scott Justus

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by matt on 27 Jul, 2018 01:48 AM

It doesn't automatically update but it does check for updates on startup and display a message if there's a new version available. I don't have it yet but I'm working on adding a section to the help desk discussions / knowledge bases listing new featuers in each release.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac