Parsing city names in SARTopo Offline

bigron

12 Jul, 2018 12:13 AM

While most everything else seems to work fine, when trying to search for a city or place, I get a parsing error. If I put in coordinates, it seems to have no issues, it is just named places. Am I missing something to have these places properly identified? For example, if I search for "Roseville, CA", I get a parsing error.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by kobe.pole on 12 Jul, 2018 02:32 AM

Does an error box pop up, or does is it just unable to find the city?
    -Kobe

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by kobe.pole on 12 Jul, 2018 04:01 AM

The search box in the offline version cannot do location lookups due to the fact that those rely on google maps.

3. 3 Posted by John on 21 Jul, 2019 03:41 PM

I have encountered the same "unable to parse" message on most recent installation of SARTopo Offline. I have over 950GBs of tiles downloaded so it is not an issue of not having the map needed. I saw that it has to use Google Maps to find an exact location but this defeats the purpose of being able to run offline. I would not be running offline if I had an internet connection ! I need the offline ability where I do not have an internet connection. No internet means Google Maps is unavailable.
    Does anyone have a suggestion " The Offline is synced properly to SARTopo.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by rmarcucci on 22 Jul, 2019 06:01 PM

John,

Text based location searching is not available without an internet connection. You can search by coordinates in offline mode.

Thank you for using SARTopo,
    Rom

5. rmarcucci closed this discussion on 22 Jul, 2019 06:01 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac