Importing Georeferenced Geotiffs in ESPG:4326

bcbusseau

20 Jul, 2020 10:01 PM

I'm trying to import Geotiffs. I tried using custom layers where I store Geotiffs in an AWS S3 bucket, and using that url. But the image displays across the map multiple times.
I tried to pay for a pro account and to use mapsheets. I imported the file directly from my computer from the same georeferenced Geotiffs I placed in my S3 bucket. When it uploads it says it can't find the goereferencing information, and that I need to georeferenced the image on caltopo. This gives a very poor precision georeferenced image and would rather not use that option.
So my question is what format is needed for caltopo to be able to read the georeferenced data. I use Geotiffs in general as it is a very universal imagery format. I could do a JPG with a wld file accompanying it. Is the coordinate sytsem i use not ok. ESPG: 4326. I also tried ESPG: 26910, but that didn't work either. attached is an example of what I'm trying to import.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 20 Jul, 2020 10:34 PM

TIFFs are weird. I reprojected it to 3857 (Web Mercator) using gdal and it uploads fine. Looks like a bug on our end that we will fix. Here's the file reprojected.

Ben

2. 2 Posted by bcbusseau on 21 Jul, 2020 03:35 AM

Hi Ben,
    Perfect thanks, that worked for all my other layers.
    Thanks,
    B-C

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ben Lantow on 21 Jul, 2020 04:40 AM

Perfect. We'll fix the bug with the other projection, glad we could work around it.

Ben

4. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2020 04:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac