Sourcing USGS, NPS, and USFS Icons to download and upload into my account

Landon

14 Dec, 2018 03:33 AM

Hello!
I am having difficulty finding a site that has downloadable icons used by USGS, NPS, and USFS, any suggestions? I am already a Pro Member so I'm assuming I have access to all that CalTopo has for icons, but I am looking to customize my own maps with those icons used in the areas that I frequent the most. I have already used a lot of the icons added in 2014 and those features, too. I'm trying to find an easier way than microsurgery in Illustrator, Photoshop, or anything else because the list is extensive.

It would be nice to be able to have the hover option for all the icons you have, like on the US&R icons which tell you what the icon means. Being able to change color of icons other than basic markers would be useful as well.

Any advise would be appreciated. I really enjoy using this platform. I'm on here as often as most are on their phones. Thanks for creating such a solid tool.

Sincerely,
Landon

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 14 Dec, 2018 05:03 AM

Sorry, no idea. If you find out let me know so I can include them myself.

Redoing the existing icons so that among other things, they're vector images that can easily be re-colored like the dots and arrows, is on the docket.

2. 2 Posted by Team Cachebuste... on 14 Dec, 2018 05:06 AM

Thanks, Matt. I know this is a lot of meticulous work. Thank you for your
    prompt response.

Happy Trails!

3. kobe.pole closed this discussion on 14 Dec, 2018 05:14 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac