Changing map description

jlagercrantz

25 Aug, 2020 07:25 PM

I can set a description when I first save a map but I can't find a way to edit that description after, in the web app or the mobile app. Is this possible and I'm just not finding it?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 25 Aug, 2020 07:35 PM

Its definitely possible on the web! You can change the description of an existing map by selecting Collaborate in the upper part of the left side bar and then entering in/editing your description in the Comments field.

Currently you can't edit the description on the mobile app.

Best,
    Meghan

2. Meghan closed this discussion on 25 Aug, 2020 07:35 PM.

3. jlagercrantz re-opened this discussion on 25 Aug, 2020 09:26 PM

4. 2 Posted by jlagercrantz on 25 Aug, 2020 09:26 PM

I guess that no longer becomes an option once you have shared a map? When I click collaborate on a map I have created a shareable link I just get what you see in the attached screenshot. I can edit the description on other maps I haven't shared.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan on 25 Aug, 2020 10:26 PM

You should still be able to change comments as well as anything else in the Sharing dialog box even after creating a shareable link. I checked your account and you should still be able to see the whole dialog, as shown in the screenshot below. What account provider and email are you logging in with?

6. 4 Posted by jlagercrantz on 26 Aug, 2020 05:18 PM

Yeah that's strange. I'm signed in with [email blocked] which is an account admin as well. I just tried it in a different browser (firefox) and it works there. Something to do with Chrome I guess. It'll probably get fixed by clearing cache/cookies but I'd rather not do that at the moment.

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Meghan on 26 Aug, 2020 05:43 PM

It is possible that your login is stale. Have you tried logging out and then logging back in using Chrome and seeing if that resolves the issue?

Meghan

8. 6 Posted by jlagercrantz on 26 Aug, 2020 05:47 PM

Yep, logging out and back in again fixed it, thanks!

9. Support Staff 7 Posted by Meghan on 26 Aug, 2020 06:22 PM

Excellent! Happy to hear it is working for you now!

Best,
    Meghan

10. Meghan closed this discussion on 26 Aug, 2020 06:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac