Save print layout, in addition to generated PDFs?

Brian

14 Aug, 2020 07:55 PM

Hi,

I'm working on a 27-day, 230-mile itinerary and plan to print custom 11x17 1:24000 maps for it.

In the past I haven't been able to find a way to save where I position each page on the map so I can recall my chosen layout at a later date and regenerate a PDF with a different baselayer or slightly adjusted page positions. I've had to create new pages and reposition each one every time I needed to make an adjustment.

Did I miss something, or is saving print layouts not possible yet? Just trying to save some time. This one's gonna have a lot of pages. :-)

Thanks!
Brian

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 14 Aug, 2020 10:52 PM

Hi Brian,

You can't save print layouts but have you tried generating multiple PDFs at once? You can do this by clicking on the green "Add Page" button at the bottom of the printing options menu (see attached screenshot). A new red transparent box will appear on the map viewer and you can adjust it to encompass what you want for your second page. Repeat until you have all your pages accounted for! I find this feature really helpful for multi day trips.

Best,
    Meghan

2. Meghan closed this discussion on 14 Aug, 2020 10:52 PM.

3. caver456 re-opened this discussion on 14 Aug, 2020 11:10 PM

4. 2 Posted by caver456 on 14 Aug, 2020 11:10 PM

how about the PDF Management section in the left bar of the print layout
    page, does that do what you're looking for?

5. 3 Posted by Brian on 15 Aug, 2020 01:13 AM

Meghan- Yeah, I'm familiar with adding pages. In fact this particular project looks like it's going to be 20-30 pages, so I was hoping to be able to save my progress in laying out each page. It would be a bummer if I generate the PDF, think it's OK, close the print web page, and then realize I needed the last 10 pages shifted up and left or something like that. Once I close that page that you screenshotted, I'll have to start over again if I need to fix something in my multi-page PDF. The obvious answer, of course, is to not close that page until I'm absolutely sure. I just wanted to see if I needed to be that paranoid or not. :-)

Caver456- that is just PDF management that happens after you've layed out your pages. I want to save the position of the page bounding boxes, and return to that screen that Meghan screenshotted at a later time with my 20+ pages still there where I left them.

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by Julie on 17 Aug, 2020 03:04 PM

Brian,

Have you tried using the load from feature under the PDF management section in the print page? Note the 4-digit of your previous PDF, and load from that ID, and it will line out where your pages were for that print. Should help a little.

Thanks,
    Julie

7. Julie closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2020 03:04 PM.

8. Brian re-opened this discussion on 17 Aug, 2020 04:00 PM

9. 5 Posted by Brian on 17 Aug, 2020 04:00 PM

HAH! Julie, that's exactly what I'm asking for. Staring me in the face the whole time. Thanks Julie, Meghan, and caver456 for helping.

10. Julie closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2020 04:08 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac