Map organization / moving tracks/markers

jon.s.schwarz

02 Aug, 2020 11:53 PM

I didn't see how I can do this in the Knowledge Base but perhaps it can be done and I just couldn't figure it out.

Is it possible to move routes/markers from one map to another? I accidently created some in the wrong map and wondering how I can re-organize them!

On a more general note - how does Caltopo envision organization of map data using different maps? I know it's user preference but is it more geographic or activity type? It doesn't affect what is shown in downloaded areas in the app does it? Data from all maps are downloaded for those squares that are selected, right?

Reply to this discussion

1. 1 Posted by mvbanks on 03 Aug, 2020 12:31 AM

Export as GPX and select the items you want to move then import (GPX) to
    the correct map.
    M Banks
    TCSAR

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Julie on 03 Aug, 2020 02:22 PM

Hi Jonathan,

As M Banks said, you will want to export as GPX and import to the correct map.

As far as organizing map data - how you want to designate your maps is entirely up to you and what your plans are and who you want to share with. The possibilities are very extensive and limited by your imagination only.

Just keep in mind when moving between the web and the mobile app:
    - Maps are the objects you draw and need to be synced to the app individually (though we are changing this soon) - Base Layers are the background and need to be downloaded for each area, but they are not synced to your maps.

Thanks,
    Julie

3. Julie closed this discussion on 03 Aug, 2020 02:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac