lines

JT

12 Dec, 2019 01:34 AM

I want to trace some sections of a trail multiple times, each with a different color and with different widths of lines stacked on each other so I can see them all. Can I alter the stack order of the lines without having to delete and re-add lines in bottom-to-top order? Example: In the letter Y, traverse the base segment with a 2-width yellow line and end at the top left tip of the Y. Then add a a 5-width red line that also goes on the base segment but ends at the top right tip of the Y. I want to see that in both cases, the trail begins at the bottom of the Y, but the red overlays the yellow. How can I flip the order so the narrower yellow is on top - without re-drawing the yellow line?
Or maybe someone has a better solution?
Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Chad R. on 16 Dec, 2019 10:09 AM

Try this: under config, change 'Set Visibility' from 'By Folder' to 'By Item'. Now each line should have a checkbox next to it. If you turn off the thinner line, then turn it back on, that will change the draw order to draw it last, and it will then overlay the thicker line underneath.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ben Lantow on 17 Dec, 2019 04:15 PM

In the long term we hope to support some custom ordering - but this is very much long term. The draw order is actually random in the code.

3. 3 Posted by Jennifer Trepal on 17 Dec, 2019 04:23 PM

That worked! Thank you.

Jennifer

4. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 17 Dec, 2019 05:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac