Import Resource - again

Sam Chan

25 Nov, 2019 03:28 AM

I have a csv file with headings of Name, Type, and Agency. I select the file using browse. SARTopo pauses and then the resource dialog box disappears and no resources imported. So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Sam

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ben Lantow on 25 Nov, 2019 01:55 PM

Sam,
    Will you send me the file so I can help take a look for you?

Best,
    Ben

2. Ben Lantow closed this discussion on 25 Nov, 2019 01:55 PM.

3. Ben Lantow re-opened this discussion on 25 Nov, 2019 01:56 PM

4. 2 Posted by schan on 25 Nov, 2019 02:26 PM

Ben,

Here is the file.

Sam

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 25 Nov, 2019 05:32 PM

Unfortunately PERSON needs to be capitalized.

6. 4 Posted by schan on 25 Nov, 2019 05:52 PM

Thanks. That worked. Person is not capitalized in the dialog box. Should probably look into making that not case dependent.

Thank,

Sam

7. 5 Posted by schan on 25 Nov, 2019 05:56 PM

Follow up question. How do I unassign someone from a task? I see how I can add people (resources) but I can’t see how to take someone off.

Thanks,

Sam

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by Ben Lantow on 25 Nov, 2019 06:07 PM

Sam,
    If you have a different assignment you can go to the resource, hit the pencil to edit, and then use the dropdown to assign them to a different task.

9. 7 Posted by schan on 25 Nov, 2019 06:19 PM

So there is no way to unassign a person from a task? The only way I seem to be able to make this work is to create a do-nothing holding task so I can assign a person to this do-nothing task as a way to unassign them from another task.

Is this correct?

Sam

10. Support Staff 8 Posted by matt on 26 Nov, 2019 03:05 AM

Looks like that is a bug that was introduced at some point, but that's correct.

Although I don't think I can remove resources at this point (and tracks / waypoints linked to individual assignments), as the core focus of the site has shifted exclusively towards mapping, those features have not seen any additional development effort in a while, and have been made somewhat redundant by more recent developments - for resources, real-time location tracking was revamped to no longer be tied to them, and for assignment-linked tracks and waypoints, folders and bulk ops now make it easier to just load them as standard points and lines.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac