Khl file will not load up

mclean2001

13 Nov, 2019 12:10 AM

I downloaded a khl file from the bc government. It is the wildlife management areas. When I import the khl file , caltopo message says "Sorry, no importable features were found ". I have the free version. So is there a way I could import this file. Wildlife management unit in short is known as emu, which is your angling & hunting area. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

1. 1 Posted by mclean2001 on 13 Nov, 2019 12:38 AM

The file is actually a kml, sorry about that, typing error. I attached the file below. Thanks

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Ben Lantow on 13 Nov, 2019 02:28 PM

Hi there,
    So the file you linked here is just a KML link out to a different KML file which I've attached. That file is also unfortunately just a set of network links (KML allows for network links to different servers). CalTopo doesn't support KML files with network links. However it appears that the service you're looking at supports WMS and is running a WMS server. We do support custom WMS layers at the Pro level. I haven't quite gotten the WMS layer importing cleanly yet but it is a format that our server can digest. I'll kick it over to a developer and have them take a look.

Best,
    Ben

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac