Downloading Custom Maps Onto Garmin 60CSX

sunpointe

10 Mar, 2019 08:11 AM

Going on 5 hours now, I would love some help.

I am trying to download custom maps I've created onto my 60CSX with no luck.
I have the GPSIO running, and I am trying to use the Garmin BaseCamp program but when I load up my maps they still don't show up under my map options.

I'm getting desperate.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 13 Mar, 2019 02:54 AM

What Garmin calls "custom maps" on their newer GPSs are KMZ files containing images of map layers; these are not supported on the 60csx. The custom map format that the 60csx does support is not something CalTopo supports, since it's based off vector line data and not rendered images (gpsfiledepot.com is a good source of custom 60csx maps).

If you are referring to the markers / lines on a caltopo map, those should show up on your GPS as tracks and waypoints; even if you have problems with GPSIO, BaseCamp should be super reliable for moving GPX files on/off the GPS. If that is the issue, what error are you encountering?

2. 2 Posted by sunpointe on 14 Mar, 2019 05:25 AM

That was my issue, the custom maps. I had created some wind speed, slope gradient, etc TOPO maps that I was hoping I could export over. :(

Other than that. Basecamp has been awesome. Guess I need to invest in a GPS that can accept custom map files.

3. kobe.pole closed this discussion on 17 Mar, 2019 10:47 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac