Upgrades and layers appropriate for mapping Mexico

Allan Sjogren

05 Mar, 2019 06:17 AM

I am currently a free user. The most useful layer that I have found for mapping in Sonora is TF Outdoors. However, it has contours at 10 meters. 2 meter contour lines would be better for my use.

1) Is there a way to get more granular contour lines for Mexico with CalTopo?

2) Do any of the upgrades like PRO or OFFLINE provide extra details for Mexico?

I think that 1 meter contour intervals are available for Mexico. A friend uses Global Mapper and it does.

I like CalTopo. If I continue, I plan to buy a subscription. Which one for Mexico?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 05 Mar, 2019 04:32 PM

At the moment there is no in-house data for Mexico, TF outdoors is the only option and upgrading won't change that. Hoping that will change by summer though, working on a scanned INEGI map layer elevation data / contours for MapBuilder would follow that. Probably not at 1 meter resolution though.

2. 2 Posted by Allan Sjogren on 07 Mar, 2019 09:42 PM

Thank you. I look forward to some data upgrades for Mexico sometime in the future.
    I now have a basic subscription.
    Allan SjogrenSeattle / San Carlos, Sonora
        On Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 9:32:59 AM MST, matt <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

3. matt closed this discussion on 13 Mar, 2019 03:02 AM.

4. Allan Sjogren re-opened this discussion on 03 Mar, 2020 04:33 PM

5. 3 Posted by Allan Sjogren on 03 Mar, 2020 04:33 PM

Any new stuff for Mexico in the last year since this? 
    Right now I am a free user with 1 map.  With respect to mapping in Mexico, what would be the difference between BASIC and PRO?
    Al Sjogren
        On Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 09:32:59 AM GMT-7, matt <[email blocked]> wrote:

|

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by rmarcucci on 03 Mar, 2020 10:58 PM

Al,

For me, the biggest difference between basic and pro would be the weekly satellite layer in Mexico, which is a great layer. New since last year, we have INEGI maps, that are available for download. You can find them under the scanned topos layer in the upper right hand corner.

Thank you for using CalTopo,
    Rom

7. rmarcucci closed this discussion on 03 Mar, 2020 10:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac