scaling of KMZ file in Garmin 64st

Alex J Harvey

26 Jan, 2019 05:02 PM

When I load a KMZ file printed at target zoom of 16 (1:12K), my markers are oversized when viewed on the map. Many of the markers are 200 feet apart, so I need to be able to zoom in pretty close on the GPS. When viewing the same map via PDF on Avenza, everything looks perfect. Any suggestions how to get the markers to scale properly on the GPS?

Thanks, Alex

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 27 Jan, 2019 06:18 AM

Fixed, it was a carryover from PDFs being 200dpi, all the markers / lines / labels were doubled in size to compensate.

2. 2 Posted by Alex J Harvey on 27 Jan, 2019 03:30 PM

Much better. Is there a way to increase or adjust the resolution of the KMZ file, granted the file size may get larger? Markers are still rather big when I zoom to 120ft. Some of my trail lines are blurry and hard to make out. I can fix by tweaking the map but was wondering if there was another way.

BTW love the product. Really the most comprehensive map making program I have seen that is at the right price point.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 27 Jan, 2019 11:19 PM

I don't want to increase the max zoom beyond 16 as the only benefit would be to the markers / shapes / labels, the file would be 4x as large with each zoom level you jump but the maps wouldn't be higher res. Maybe try loading the basemap as a KMZ and the markers as a GPX file?

4. 4 Posted by Alex J Harvey on 28 Jan, 2019 02:24 AM

Thanks Matt, I will look into it.

5. matt closed this discussion on 29 Jan, 2019 05:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac