sartopo offline concern

steve.levy

21 Aug, 2018 03:27 AM

I am using sartopo offline downloaded 1 week ago (not sure how to find the version # to report it). I am running windows 10 and have installed jdk 10 (can only download 10 for 64 bit or 8 for 32 bit). I know the documentation says to use jdk 9 for 64 bit...

Anyway, I can place one assignment object (area or buffer) and then the next one does not seem to work. For example, I choose a buffer assignment, get the dialog to set the radius, say Ok and: 1) The radius dialog stays up and 2) the dialog for entering properties comes up, but is gray. I cannot enter any more objects.

I can then "reload" the map and then add another buffer assignment. Then we are back to the being stuck again.

Any suggestions or more ifnromation required?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 21 Aug, 2018 03:48 AM

Steve, on Windows there should be a black command window that pops up when you start the app, with the version # printed near the top. It would be helpful to have that.

2. 2 Posted by steve.levy on 21 Aug, 2018 03:13 PM

Matt,Thanks for the info as to where to find the version.  I checked and did not have the latest, extracted, for some reason.  I re-extracted and the current version works great.Thanks,Steve

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Monday, August 20, 2018 8:48 PM
     Subject: Re: sartopo offline concern [General Discussion #3807]

#yiv9290305102 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv9290305102 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

3. matt closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2018 04:08 PM.

4. steve.levy re-opened this discussion on 12 Sep, 2018 03:50 AM

5. 3 Posted by steve.levy on 12 Sep, 2018 03:50 AM

Matt,Hi.  I was checking to see if you had received the db files from me the other day?
    I recently exported a map in gpx format and imported it into offline.  I noticed that it appeared to lose certain properties, and hence displayed differently.  Maybe I did not specify something for the export or import?
    Anyway, I was wondering if there is a means to extract the information from the three database files to save a map.  Then to take those files and append into their counterparts in another db set in order to complete a full map copy.Regards,Stevd

To: [email blocked]
     Sent: Monday, August 20, 2018 8:48 PM
     Subject: Re: sartopo offline concern [General Discussion #3807]

#yiv6869518483 pre {width:92%;margin:10px 2%;padding:5px 2%;background:#efefef;border:1px solid #d6d6d6;}#yiv6869518483 blockquote {margin-left:0;padding-left:1em;border-left:5px solid #ccc;}

6. Support Staff 4 Posted by matt on 12 Sep, 2018 04:58 AM

No, I did not. Can you send them to [email blocked]?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac