Copy and Paste into Search

Rick

10 Aug, 2018 05:44 AM

Apparently there is no way to copy some coordinates and paste them into the search? Everything has to entered manually?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 10 Aug, 2018 04:22 PM

Rick -

Can you be more specific about where you're trying to copy from and paste to? I block text highlighting on most of the page as it interferes with the map viewer, but turn it on where coordinates are displayed. If you're having trouble copying coordinates from the site, it may be a bug where highlighting hasn't been turned on for that location.

If you're copying the coordinates from outside CalTopo and pasting them into the search bar, can you include them so that I can see what coordinate format they're in?

• Matt
  2. 2 Posted by Rick on 11 Aug, 2018 12:00 AM

Hi Matt,

Sorry – I should have been more specific. An example of what I’m trying to do is copy coordinates from a waterfall database then paste them into the search box in CalTopo. The format of the coordinates is as follows: 46.14974, -121.88262

The problem I’m having is when I right-click over the search box, nothing happens – no pop-up with the option to paste. Am I going about this the wrong way? I don’t have any trouble pasting coordinates into Google Earth or Maps search box.

Thanks,
    Rick

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 11 Aug, 2018 03:46 AM

Got it. The context menu is also blocked so that I can supply my own custom context menu on the map, but other paste methods (CTRL+V, or browser's edit menu -> paste) still work.

4. 4 Posted by Rick on 11 Aug, 2018 04:44 AM

Didn’t think to try CTRL-V, works fine. Thanks for your help!

5. kobe.pole closed this discussion on 12 Aug, 2018 02:52 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac