Rivers to be enhance or database including rivers; CHINA MAP

ritom

06 May, 2018 10:56 PM

Hi!
I prepare a trek in CHINA this summer and i mad a map done with ''Add Custom Source'' from Open Topo Map. Unfortunatly there are few rivers in OTM!

Do you know how to enhence rivers to be visible on the map or to use an other database including rivers

Thanks a lot!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 07 May, 2018 04:54 PM

Sorry, as long as the issue also occurs in other OSM-based layers like OpenCycleMap and TF Outdoors, I don't know how to help you aside from suggesting that you edit the OpenStreetMap database (https://www.openstreetmap.org/) to add the missing data, which I realize is probably not a realistic suggestion.

For planning purposes you can also try using Google's terrain and satellite layers, but for licensing reasons you can't print PDFs of them.

2. 2 Posted by ritom on 07 May, 2018 05:33 PM

Thanks Matt!

I have seen that ESRI world topo map is including rivers for CHINA map. I think i can use it with CALTOPO and ''Add Custom Source'' but i need to Upgrade my version from a free to a pro version, correct?

I have seen also that recently world contour elevation are free on ESRI data base layer!

Thanks

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 07 May, 2018 05:40 PM

Upgrading won't buy you anything here - custom layer functionality is the same between free and pro (with the exception of custom MapBuilder styles, which are US only).

4. ritom closed this discussion on 07 May, 2018 06:11 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac