Merge accounts

Bill Atkins

03 May, 2017 10:55 PM

I was playing with the Merge Accounts feature as a way to share maps among team members.
Is there a way to un-merge?
Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 03 May, 2017 11:18 PM

No.

Eventually it will be a feature. In the meantime I can do it by hand if you need to undo a specific merge, although all the maps will still belong to the primary account.

If you are looking to set it up so that every team member can automatically see everyone else's maps without needing to pass around a map ID and password, the merge accounts feature is not a good way to do it - my intention is not to be manually un-merging accounts every time you lose a team member.

There will be a (paid) organizational account level coming out in a few months that will help with this.

2. 2 Posted by bill.atkins on 04 May, 2017 05:54 PM

Right.. I wonder if our particular situation is more workable. Our team has obtained our own domain and G suite so the accounts in question would all be in this domain and under my control. A team member would have an account by virtue of their membership. I was thinking of a special SARTopo account that individual users would not log into but would merge into. When an individual leaves the team, I delete their account. We wouldn't have to un-merge, but I could see it might still leave undesired remnants (references to non-existent accounts) in your system.

I'm just evaluating what options the new domain may offer, as you say - to share maps without passing around links and passwords, and without a bunch of people sharing a login. But I don't want to do anything not recommended.

Thanks again.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 08 May, 2017 05:40 PM

One of my top priorities is adding organizational accounts, which while paid rather than free (no hard decisions yet, but I'm anticipating $500/yr for nonprofits, which would include a site license for the offline version as well), would do what you describe.

I get that a shared Google login might require changing the password as team members leave, but long term I think it would generate fewer headaches than relying on the merge account feature.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

26 May, 2017 04:43 PM
26 May, 2017 04:42 PM
26 May, 2017 04:41 PM