Is there a way to save the printlayout?

Zingo Andersen

13 Dec, 2017 01:35 AM

Is there a good way to save the print layout?
e.g. the print page with the "red" rectangles here http://help.caltopo.com/kb/basics/printing
(2nd image in the time of posting this)

I maintain a smal running event with a friend and creats map handouts, and it seem like caltopo might be the perfect tool :)
What I did prevoiously was to take screenhots with the route on map and then use them in a open office document that I print.
One problem with this solution is that we need to update the map now and then with smal improvements or detours to avoid road constuction. As my screenshots has kilometer markings in the picture and it creates a lot of work as I have to redo them all by hand. Keeping the route in caltopo and editing the route and then beeing able to regenerate the same PDF or slightly modify one with same pagelayouts would be greate :)

Thanks for the help and the great tool!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 14 Dec, 2017 04:32 PM

If you are signed in when you print a PDF, it's automatically saved to your account. Assuming it's still saved to your account (in the free version, PDFs are only retained for 7 days), and you're signed in before printing, there's a "load from" dropdown on the left bar that lets you load the settings and page boundaries from a previously generated PDF.

2. 2 Posted by Zingo Andersen on 15 Dec, 2017 01:29 AM

Hi thanks for your fast responce!

I'ts not the PDF itself I'm interested in keeping but the step right before, the "CalTopo Printing" page with all the nice read squares, I see that If I would use this tool I would have quite many pages in the "Printe route" and when I update something I would need to redo all of these when printing. Most read squares would remain the same but some would need to move around, or zoomed in or out.
    I Assume I will need to spend a lot of time in this step, tweeking it to get a as compact map as possible to bring with you but still as easy to follow as possible. Over the previous years I think needing to redo this step from start again has keep us from updating the route in a good way and this is the main reason I look at your tool. But I understand it might be a kind of hard usecase to do and I'm not sure if I represent anyone alse with this request.

/Zingo

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by matt on 15 Dec, 2017 01:42 AM

I think we're talking about the same thing - the "load from" dropdown lets you load settings and page boundaries from an existing PDF that's saved to your account.

4. 4 Posted by Zingo Andersen on 15 Dec, 2017 01:50 AM

Yes we are! :)
    My mind was set on finding it where I load the saved route and PDF and didn't understand you correctly (and reloaded my last PDF).

Thanks this was exactly what I was looking for, you made my week!
    Happy weekend!
    /Zingo

5. matt closed this discussion on 15 Dec, 2017 02:25 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac