Map Layers pop-up box

Teresa Gergen

13 Sep, 2020 03:22 PM

You've added so much to the Base Layers and Map Overlays (thanks...) that it's becoming a little awkward to scroll up and down in the Base Layers dropdown menu and the Map Overlays checkboxes, when you want to go back and forth between views frequently. I'm wondering what you and others would think about the idea of separating out these two components: Take the Base Layers section at the top of the Map Layers out completely. Have two buttons at the top right of the screen instead of the current single Map Layers button, labeled Base Layers and Map Overlays, where each one could be clicked on separately to open *narrow* rectangular popup windows on the right side of the screen, so that you could have none, one, or both open at the same time, with the X-to-close-the-window option on each. Thoughts?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 13 Sep, 2020 04:09 PM

That specific implementation might be hard for us to pull off, but it's a good point that I'll have to think about. For example I could see leaving the base layers fixed at the top and only scrolling the map overlays portion as an alternative that would be easier to implement.

We are also planning to make the "preset layers" list customizable, so that you can more easily swap between your own combinations.

2. 2 Posted by Teresa Gergen on 13 Sep, 2020 08:08 PM

Thanks! I'll look forward to seeing that.

3. Julie closed this discussion on 14 Sep, 2020 03:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac