Print map feature request

Collin

03 Sep, 2020 03:24 PM

When using the Print to PDF function at the top of the page, the resultant PDF contains a QR code, and the Polygons are labeled by their name on the map. However, clicking the Print Map hyperlink in a polygon's popup, the resultant map does not include a QR code, or any indication of the polygon's name.

The Print Map PDF needs to have a QR code, and some indicator of the polygon's name, either in the header, footer, or inside the polygon.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 03 Sep, 2020 10:45 PM

Hi Collin,

Thanks for reaching out! I will submit your suggestion for a QR code on the resource map (the Print Map PDF generated from the popup polygon menu) on the future development board for consideration. I believe the reason that there isn't a QR code right now is because PDFs generated in this way are not saved to your account (its just generated temporarily) and therefore there is nothing for the QR code to link to.

However, you should be able to see both the name of the polygon in the PDF on the polygon itself and in the title of the PDF (please see attached screenshot). Do you have labels turned on in the Config menu? Is the polygon you clicked on named? If so and the label or a title still aren't showing up on the PDF, could you please send a link to the map you are having issues with so that we can dig into it deeper? I've made this discussion private in case you have to send a link to a map.

Thank you,
    Meghan

2. Meghan closed this discussion on 03 Sep, 2020 10:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac