QR code resizing

AJ

06 Aug, 2020 05:43 PM

When producing operations maps for use in Avenza (or other navigation software) I choose a large page size in order to optimize the zoom capability in the software. This produces a very small QR code in the margin that is very challenging to utilize when printed on 8x11. I print to 8x11 so that I can hand out the map for distribution instead of printing a briefing map when a plotter is unavailable, then folks will download to devices utilizing the QR code. The other alternative is clipping the QR code and printing that for distribution, or collecting emails and distributing digital maps by that means. Both of these alternatives are less desirable. Is there a way to increase the size of the QR image in large format maps? If not, is this something that might be possible for development?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by matt on 06 Aug, 2020 08:54 PM

It's something we can think about.

You can specify custom QR codes when generating a map (it's a text field about 2/3 of the way down on the left). So one workaround that might yield higher quality results anyway is:

• Create a plotter-sized map, and note the URL.
    • Create an actual 8.5x11 map, and paste the URL for the plotter-sized map in the QR code field.

That way you have a good-looking 8.5x11 map, but if someone scans the QR code on it, it will give them the plotter-sized map.

2. 2 Posted by CGFFire Crew22 on 19 Aug, 2020 03:45 PM

Great solution. Thank you!

3. Julie closed this discussion on 19 Aug, 2020 04:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac