App function request

emt.micah

23 Jul, 2020 02:00 AM

How hard would it be to add the ability to set collaboration privileges from the Android app? I recently had to run a search off an Android tablet. I needed to share the map with some folks before I could get onto a laptop. I had to go to my browser in the tablet, log into SARTopo, tell the browser to open the page in a desktop view, navigate to my map, then go into Collaboration and do what I needed to do. It would have been nice to be able to do that from the app.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 23 Jul, 2020 02:24 PM

Hi Micah,

I responded to the same question on another post but I will copy my answer here again:

When you say set collaboration privileges, I am assuming you are talking about sharing the map with different levels of access. If you are using the newest version of the mobile app (0.5.7) you can create shareable links and QR codes with different access types (read, update, write) from the Android app itself. With the map you want to share open on your tablet, go to 3 bar menu (upper left)> Show Details. From this screen you can generate shareable links using the Share Link icon in the upper right or generate QR codes using the Generate QR Code button at the bottom of the screen. You can also access this screen by clicking the information icon next to the map name under My Maps.

If what you want to do is change the base permission of the map from the default URL, currently this can only be done from the web. But as I described above, you can share from the mobile app relatively easily.

Best,
    Meghan

2. Meghan closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2020 02:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac