Ability to change order of map items/folders

jlagercrantz

18 Jul, 2020 09:55 PM

Maybe this is already possible and I just don't know how but it would be nice to able to change the order of map items and folders. Right now the order appears to be random? As a SAR team, we have a large number of "permanent" items added to our map, in a folder called Permanent. We then add task specific items as needed. The permanent folder always ends up on top of the list of map items, resulting in a lot of scrolling before you get to the task specific items which are the most important ones.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Meghan on 20 Jul, 2020 02:11 PM

Hi,

New folders that are added are organized numerically and alphabetically. Currently there is not a way to manually change the order that folders appear.

My suggestion would be to either use numbers or letters at the start of the folders' names to organize them (for example, the folder you want at the top of the list would be name "1 Folder Name" and the next one would be "2 Folder Name" and so on). Its not a perfect solution but it will give you some control over how the folders appear during a mission!

Best,
    Meghan

2. Meghan closed this discussion on 20 Jul, 2020 02:11 PM.

3. jlagercrantz re-opened this discussion on 20 Jul, 2020 02:45 PM

4. 2 Posted by jlagercrantz on 20 Jul, 2020 02:45 PM

Hi Meghan,

Thank you for your suggestion. I guess the issue is, the important folders that we'd need at the top are not user created. E.g. 'Markers' is created the first time you add a marker and you can't edit that to put it at the top. Also the non-user created ones such as Markers and Lines & Polygons don't seem to follow that numerical/alphabetical order. They end up at the bottom regardless.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Meghan on 20 Jul, 2020 05:30 PM

You are correct- those default folders will appear at the bottom regardless and don't follow the numerical/alphabetical order at this time. I would suggestion creating folders for important/commonly accessed data that you want to appear at the top of the left sidebar menu and then moving map objects to those folders.

6. Meghan closed this discussion on 20 Jul, 2020 05:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac